Modern life in the Southern USA ... its distinctive people, and their gracious hospitality.
* How they speak and eat. Antebellum Festivals.
* Atlanta: Capital of the New South. On the set of CNN, Coca Cola HQs, talking to Jimmy Carter at his Peace Centre.
* Olympic Territory: Training sessions with gold medal winners, the vision of Billy Payne.
* Gullah Culture resurgence of followers, group singing, including performances 'The Shout'.
* Georgia: A day with the shrimp fishermen, Historic Indian Village at Etowah, Gold panning speed champions, Atlanta Speedway speed trials.
* Mississippi: Spring Pilgrimage in Columbus, Civil war battle re-enactments, Carver Greg Harkins making Rocking chairs for Presidents.
* The Presley Phenomenon: From Graceland to Tupelo, talking with Presley discoverer Sam Phillips and the world's biggest Elvis fans.
* The Hills of Tennessee: From a hill-billy gathering to the spectacular scenery and wildlife of the Smoky Mountains. Features Bald Eagles.
* The Dolly Parton story: Dollywood, her business empire and radio station.
* Tennessee whisky makers: Jack Daniels and Lynchburg. Includes the executive who hasn't cleared his desk in 17 years.
* The Country Music scene. Follow the up and coming stars culminating in a performance by the Oakridge Boys.
* Paddle wheeling down the Mississippi. Join the revellers on the steam boat Delta Queen.
* Cajun culture. The 8am dance sessions, the language and food.
* Life in Louisiana. An alligator-spotting swamp tour, the Catahoula hound, the Live Oaks society, crawfishing.
* The hustle of New Orleans. Its street performers, a street parade of Mardi Gras Indians, night life on Bourbon Street.
* The Festival Internationale in Lafayatte. Music presentations of a radically different kind.
* Hot Miami: Star spotting, fashion shoots, night life, the Barbershop singers and the strong Spanish influence, culminating in the wild Calle Ocho festival.
* The Keys: Turtle Hospital, cougar couple, trip on the African Queen, living in an underwater hotel.
* Florida: An Indian pow wow, the spring breakers of Daytona Beach, a space shuttle launch, the fight for the Manatee, the magic of Orlando, the sponge divers of Tampa, the fascinating settlement of circus performers.
* Alabama: The Huntsville Space and Rocket Centre, life in the Space Camp, the barbecue king.